Monday, April 21, 2008

A Few Words on the Title of This Blog...

In case it's not clear from the blog description, the main point of the title, "Better Than Nader," is that I believe I (and everyone else) should decide who to vote for based on who will make the best President, e.g. who's qualified, who has the best record, who will best represent the interests of the country--NOT based on who you think is going to win.

It's not a popularity contest, there are serious issues at stake. I am aware that there are people who do not share in this belief. Among other things, I hope to address responses to many of their arguments, and greatly welcome any counter-arguments. Maybe someone can raise a point I haven't thought about yet. Or maybe I'll raise one you hadn't considered.

So if you think you know of a better candidate than Ralph Nader, I'd love to know who and why. But you're going to have a very hard time convincing me to believe that it is of strategic importance to the world that I cave in on my most important principles and support a candidate beholden to corporate interests, or to consider that stifling dissent is a valid way to fight other people who stifle dissent.