Monday, April 21, 2008

How to Pull a Party--the words of an insider

I'm keeping this post short and sweet with a quote from Lawrence O'Donnell:

If you want to pull the party--the major party that is closest to the way you're thinking--to what you're thinking, YOU MUST, YOU MUST show them that you're capable of not voting for them. If you don't show them you're capable of not voting for them, they don't have to listen to you. I promise you that. I worked within the Democratic Party. I didn't listen, or have to listen, to anything on the left while I was working in the Democratic Party, because the left had nowhere to go.[1]

Mr. O'Donnell was "the Democratic Chief of Staff of the United States Senate Committee on Finance from 1993 through 1995. In 1992, he was Chief of Staff of the United States Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works."[1]

[1] http://www.counterpunch.org/walsh12262007.html